- Hit the SPACEBAR to start the game.
- Use the ARROW KEYS to move around the game board.
- Gain points by collecting the colored squares.
- Earn bonus points by collecting colored squares in sequence.
- Squares can only be collected by moving in specific directions (you'll figure it out, I swear!).
- Earn 200 points to extend the game timer.
- Good luck and have fun!
Arecibo is a timed action puzzler game that was developed during a Philly Dev Night (now defunct) monthly game jam. The theme for the jam was to make an intentionally difficult game to play. The initial version of the game was actually much harder than this current iteration, requiring a combination of inputs to move the player in any particular direction.
The Arecibo Observatory is a radio telescope notable for the transmission of a radio signal known as the Arecibo Message. When decoded and displayed it has a very distinctive visual presentation which was an inspiration for the game.